probono.net Admin Manual
Welcome to the probono.net Admin Manual. Here you will find detailed information on how to utilize the different tools that can be enabled for your probono.net site. Please note that each section/practice and geo areas of your site will have its own set of admin tools. This manual is organized by tool - click on the title of a tool to get started. Depending on your site configuration, certain tools may be available to only admins, members only or all users. Please note that most content can be administered via the Admin Inbox and directly via the resource itself.
Please also note that your site may have a slightly different aesthetic and design than the examples shown below.
Watch this 60 minute video on the Nuts and Bolts of your probono.net Site, a supplement to the written material below. Or, view this document on general PBN features.
- Login with your admin credentials and navigate to the Admin Inbox (this will be in a number of locations, like the footer or bottom right corner, depending on your site)
- Review any content items marked as "Awaiting Approval" in the admin inbox
- Under "Area Utilities," grab the "Area Activity Stream RSS Feed" and enter on feed2mail if you would like to get Admin Inbox updates directly in your email inbox!
- Review reports to assess your site content. The may be accessed on the right side of the Admin Inbox. If you are using the opportunities guide tool, be sure to view those reports as well. There should be a link to those reports in the Admin Inbox.
- If there is a membership component of your site, you may want to download the member roster to be familiar with site members.
- Locate your site outreach and management plan/policies/workflows
- Continue to learn about other tools (by requesting a training at our HelpDesk) and best practices by utilizing the support resources offered by Pro Bono Net. Let us know how we can help you address any challenges addressing your access to justice technology goals by requesting a one-on-one meeting at our HelpDesk, too!
- Get set-up with admin permissions to probono.net (provided by the previous site admin or by Pro Bono Net at our HelpDesk)
- Sign up for the probono.net listserv by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify that the Join Email information is correct (for sites with a membership component). The Join Email is generated when a new member applies for membership and/or is approved. Contact our HelpDesk to make any updates to the form
- For site domains that are not registered with probono.net,verify your registrar login information.
- Optional:Watch the 60 minute training video above.
- Geo Area Designs
Practice Area Designs
Site Container Types:
Modifying a Landing Page
Modifying a Flat HTML Page
Updating or Deleting a Page
- Managing Content
Shared Inbox Search Settings
Adding Shared Content from Other Sites
Site Reports (also, see Reports below)
External RSS Feed Importer
- Joining a Practice Area or Website
Approving, Updating and Deleting New Members
Reviewing a Join Form
Area Specific Questions