Who is using your site? Which members visit most? What documents do people download the most? What content do people view the most? Once on your site, what search terms and search phrases are visitors using to find information? Reports tell you all this and more. Read on to find out how to run reports as well as what you may find in them.
You can access the Reporting tool by:
- logging into your site (either practice area or Geo area)
- clicking on the Admin Inbox link in the Admin section
Once in the Admin inbox, you will find two different ways to access site reports (for your geo area, practice area, or other site geo and practice area):
- Area Utilities section - select "View reports" option to filter for other site reports
- Site Reports section - simply click into the site reports section and you can filter for other site reports
You will find monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, a text file version, and details on the run date of each report.
Once you click into a specific report, you can jump to the following sections:
- Membership Report
- Traffic Report
- Content Report
In the Geo Area reports section, you can find Combined Membership, Combined Traffic, and Combined Content reports that include data from all practice areas of the geo area into one report.
In the membership report, you will find information on:
- Membership status (approved, deleted, etc)
- Membership Profile Type (pro bono, student, etc.)
- Member Activity
- Membership by Organization
Please note, this data does not differentiate between administrators and non-administrators.
You will find data for the following:
- Non-admin visitors (and time on site)
- Unique visitors (total and by member type)
- Traffic information by member organization affiliation
- Non- admin page views - please note that if a tool is mentioned, it is for the landing page of that tool.
- Views and download data for individual calendar, news and library resources.
- Please note that views are page views of a resource, while downloads refers to the actual download of a PDF, Word, HTML, etc other content
- Top referring domains
- Top referring pages
- Data on in-site searches
Content Report - by tool
- Submission data
- Content status (approved, deleted, etc)
- Content expiration information
For any additional reporting needs or question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you provide us with a two week window to prepare any additional information.