probono.net Support Portal
Welcome to the probono.net Admin Support Portal! This contains a full admin manual, key resources for preparing and and administering your probono.net site, as well as information on recent code updates and bug fixes.
Membership is required to view many of the resources, so please make sure you are signed-in.
Need further help or training? Contact the probono.net Help Desk!
Need help with admin function, have a suggestion for a new feature, or need to report an issue with your probono.net site? Contact our probono.net Help Desk.
probono.net Admin Manual
Welcome to the probono.net Admin Manual. Here you will find detailed information on how to utilize the different tools that can be enabled for your probono.net site. This manual is organized by tool - click on the title of a tool to get started. Depending on your site configuration, certain tools may be available to only admins, members only or all users. Please note that most content can be administered via the Admin Inbox and directly via the resource itself.
Please contact our HelpDesk with any questions.
Watch this 60 minute video on the Nuts and Bolts of your probono.net Site, a supplement to the written material below.
- Login with your admin credentials and navigate to the Admin Inbox (this will be in a number of locations, like the footer or bottom right corner, depending on your site)
- Review any content items marked as "Awaiting Approval" in the admin inbox
- Review reports to assess your site content. The may be accessed on the right side of the Admin Inbox. If you are using the opportunities guide tool, be sure to view those reports as well. There should be a link to those reports in the Admin Inbox.
- If there is a membership component of your site, you may want to download the member roster to be familiar with site members.
- Locate site policies and workflows for content and member approvals.
- Identify your site outreach plan
- Continue to learn about other tools (by requesting a training at our HelpDesk) and best practices by utilizing the support resources offered by Pro Bono Net
- Get set-up with admin permissions to probono.net (provided by the previous site admin or by Pro Bono Net at our HelpDesk)
- Sign up for the probono.net listserv by sending an email to email@example.com
- Verify that the Join Email information is correct (for sites with a membership component). The Join Email is generated when a new member applies for membership and/or is approved. Contact our HelpDesk to make any updates to the form
- For site domains that are not registered with probono.net,verify your registrar login information.
- Optional:Watch the 60 minute training video above.
- FCKeditor Container
- Content Widget Container
- Sponsorship/Image Widget Container
- RSS Feed Widget Container
- Horizontal Tool Navigation
- Viewing Content
- Sorting Content
- Editing Content
- Shared Content
- Site Reports
- Area Utilities
- External RSS Feed Importer
- Joining a Practice Area or Website
- Approving, Updating and Deleting New Members
- Area Specific Questions
- Email Alerts
Best Practice Resources
Below is a list of best practice resources for helping you maximize your probono.net site, including resources from the probono.net network.
Content Strategy and Site Policies
Content Management: Usability | Accessibility | Mobile
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Community Training Series - Refreshing your probono.net Site's Content and Design
- May 2014 probono.net Community Call (see section on Membership Management)
Outreach, Recruitment, Engagement and Mobilization
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Community Training Series - Using your probono.net Site to Recruit and Mobilize Volunteers
- August 2015 probono.net Community Call (see section on Volunteer Engagement Tools)
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Training Series: Developing a Community Outreach and E-Marketing Strategy
- October 2015 probono.net Community Call (see section on Communication and Outreach Tools)
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Community Training Series - Understanding and Gathering Web Analytics
- June 2015 probono.net Community Call (see section on Measuring Success!)
- Guide to Google Analytics and Google Adwords
Be sure to also check out these additional resources
Platform Fixes | Release Notes
To see a list of bug fixes, new features, platform features, and known site issues, please visit our Release Notes.
- Sign up for our probono.net admin listserv
We use this to communicate with our admins about platform updates, site maintenance times, upcoming trainings and more! Program, platform, trainings
- Attend our bi-monthly probono.net Community calls and receive our bi-monthly update
These calls cover new platform features, program updates, community news and more! Find out upcoming calls through the probono.net admin listserv and view an archive of previous calls as well as an archive of our email update.
- To request training, contact our HelpDesk.
Whether you are a new administrator, need a review of a specific aspect of the platform, or need help thinking through best practices or site strategy, request a training from Pro Bono Net staff.
- View our Learning Center
We offer regular trainings for our community partners on our flagship platforms and have developed several webinar series on the broader role of technology and collaboration in transforming the way legal help reaches the underserved. Our staff also present regularly on these topics at national conferences and forums
- View our Resource Library
Find additional information on managing your probono.net site