DC Consortium of Legal Services Providers
Welcome to the DC Consortium of Legal Services Providers Area of probono.net/dc!
The Consortium is a coalition of 32 member organizations, all of which provide direct legal services to low-income DC residents. The Consortium's mission is to coordinate the delivery, expand the availability and improve the quality of legal services and advocacy for poor and disadvantaged people and groups of people in the District of Columbia.
Many of the Consortium's 32 member organizations have robust pro bono programs. Your help is greatly needed. Please browse a "virtual pro bono fair" of some of the organizations and a complete directory of pro bono opportunities to find an organization that best matches your personal interests and professional goals.
Consortium members meet on a monthly basis, with leadership committees and work and affinity groups convening separately throughout the year. Consortium meetings and activities are generally open to all individuals who work in the legal services community or who are interested in issues impacting low-income clients. Individuals from a broad spectrum of public interest organizations, local law schools, private law firms, and DC Bar entities are active in the Consortium.
General meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am, at Venable LLP, 575 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC. The list of monthly meetings for 2016 is as follows: January 21, February 18, March 17, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, August (no meeting), September 15, October 20, November 17, December (no meeting).
FREE TRAINING FOR PRO BONO REPRESENTATION OF STUDENTS IN SCHOOL DISCIPLINE CASES, Mar 29
Children in the District of Columbia have a right to a public education. Public schools in D.C. cannot terminate students right to public education without first affording them due process. However, schools often fail to provide proper notice, a fair hear ...
DC Law Students in Court - Celebration of Service, Apr 19
Annual reception honoring those committed to public service
Legal Aid Society Servant of Justice Awards Dinner, Apr 25
Legal Aids annual awards dinner.
Raising the Bar in D.C. Campaign Event, Apr 26
The D.C. Access to Justice Commission is pleased to announce the date of our annual Raising the Bar in D.C. Campaign event, where we will honor law firms in our Leadership Circle for their commitment to closing the justice gap for indigent District reside ...
- View more
2015 New Attorney Training Agenda
- Every year, the DC Fair Budget Coalition evaluates the DC Council's proposed budget for the coming year with a focus on the needs of our community's most vulnerable citizens. Their recommendations to the Council are published in an annual report, the most recent version of which is available here.
R E S O U R C E S
- Pro Bono Trainings Calendar
by: D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program
- LawHelp.org/DC: Remember to consult for the most accurate referral information.
- Directory of Legal Services Providers for Pro Bono Attorneys
- 2016 Federal Poverty Guidelines
N E W S
- D.C. Consortium's New Report provides insights into low-income D.C. residents
- 2009 Rationing Access to Justice Report By the DC Access to Justice Commission and DC Consortium
- Consortium's Bar Endorsements for 2015
- Consortium's Comments On Court's Proposed Changes to Student Practice Rule
- ABA Legal Access Job Corps Catalyst Grant Proposal Concept for DC
D.C. C I T Y C O U N C I L