The Pocket DACA app, available for both iOS and Android, provides information, resources, and tools to help individuals understand and apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). DACA is an immigration benefit for certain people who arrived in the U.S. as children and lived in the U.S. for five years before June 15, 2012. A person who qualifies for DACA can apply for a work permit and get a social security number.
- Learn about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Find out if they might qualify for DACA through an interactive screening tool
- Find legal help near them through a searchable directory of listings for nonprofit immigration legal services providers in all 50 states
- Stay informed about recent DACA news and updates
- Take polls to share DACA experiences
The free app, available for download from the Apple iTunes and Google Play stores, offers a self-screening tool for DACA applicants to understand their eligibility and a searchable directory of listings of immigration legal services providers, including non-profit groups, in all 50 states. The app also includes links to news about the deferred action process and frequently asked questions.
Here is a brief video overview of the Pocket DACA app:
The Pocket DACA app can be downloaded from both the iTunes App and Google Play stores.