Acadiana Legal Service Corporation
To Volunteer, Contact:
(Do not APPLY for legal assistance here)
Acadiana Legal Service Corp; 1020 Surrey StreetLafayette, LA 70501
- Phone: 337-237-4320
- Fax: 337-237-8839
- TTY: 1-800-256-1175
- Website: https://www.la-law.org
- Email: Probono@la-law.org
Acadiana Legal Service Corporation is a private, non-profit law firm, primarily funded by the Legal Services Corporation and the Louisiana Bar Foundation. We represent the economically challenged with the most pressing civil legal issues and needs, ensuring equal justice for all. We fight for fairness and equality in the justice system. ALSC serves 42 parishes in Louisiana.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Acadia, Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Caldwell, Cameron, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, De Soto, East Carroll, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Iberia, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, La Salle, Lafayette, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, Saint Landry, Saint Martin, Saint Mary, Tensas, Union, Vermilion, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll, Winn
- Area of law: Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Housing, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans, Child in Need of Care; Domestic Violence;
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Human Trafficking Survivors, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Individuals with physical/mental disabilities, Juveniles, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Native Americans, Nonprofits, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women, Working poor and unemployed,
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: French, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Impact, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Transactional work, Translate legal documents
- Other Project Types: Skills training; Depositions.
- Long Distance Opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Form/document review, Live chat support, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers, Policy assistance, Provide brief advice, Virtual/remote clinics
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.