Entre Hermanos - QLSP
1105 23rd AvenueSeattle, WA 98122
- Phone: 206-322-7700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: To promote the health and well-being of the Latino Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and questioning community in culturally appropriate environment through disease prevention, education, support services, advocacy and community building.
Entre Hermanos' (EH) Immigration Program aims to achieve the rights of immigrants through direct legal services. Without appropriate legal assistance, members of the LGBTQ Latino community find it difficult to obtain legal immigration status. Within the new focus, our Immigration Department will also engage in advocacy and immigration policy reform through collaboration with other nonprofits, community-based organizations, government agencies, and Latin American consulates.
EH's Immigration Program provides free immigration and family law consultation clinics with volunteer private attorneys. The immigration program also provides referral service to immigration service providers and pro/low bono, private immigration attorneys.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: King
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Communities of Color, HIV, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Latinx
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No