To Volunteer, Contact:
5643 Paradise Dr., Suite 12BCorte Madera , CA 94925
- Phone: 415.924.0587
- Fax: 415.924.0586
- Website: http://www.advokids.org
- Email: email@example.com
Advokids is a legal advocacy non-profit which protects the rights right of every foster child in California child in California's child welfare system to safety, security, and a permanent home. We operate the only free telephone hotline in California for anyone concerned about a child in foster care. We serve children of all ages in foster care, with a special focus on children ages 0-3.
Our legal advocacy program goal is to make the California foster care system function as the law intended, keeping children safe and providing them with stability and nurturance. Our legal services facilitate and support critical legal intervention on behalf of foster children. Advokids helps over 1000 2,000 children annually, working every day to prevent and mitigate early childhood trauma, keeping county child welfare agencies and the courts focused on the power of prevention. As a California lawyer, you can make a difference in a child’s life by volunteering as a pro bono attorney with Advokids.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: Children, Juveniles, Relative and foster caregivers
- Opportunities For: Law school clinic, Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Advokids offers a full 8 hour training that is required for practicing in juvenile dependency court and a condensed 3 hour version for our pro bono attorneys who offer to help with a case.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No