Legal Aid Works - Tappahannock Office
To Volunteer, Contact:
407 Prince StreetP.O. Box 1662Tappahannock, VA 22560
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 804-443-9393
- Fax: 804-443-9394
- Website: http://www.legalaidworks.org/
- Email: LAWTapp@legalaidworks.org
Non-profit corporation that provides free civil legal assistance to low income individuals and families. Funded by federal, state, and local governments and by a wide range of local individuals, agencies, and organizations including the Rappahannock and Piedmont United Ways. Providing pro bono services since 1984.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Essex, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, Westmoreland
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Homeless, Housing, Bankruptcy
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: May be able to provide discount for CLE classes.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.