Central Virginia Legal Aid Society - Charlottesville Office
To Volunteer, Contact:
Kathy Brigman804-862-1100, From Richmond: 804-796-6765
1000 Preston AvenueSte. BCharlottesville, VA 22903
- Map: www.mapquest.com
- Phone: 434-296-8851
- Fax: 434-296-5731
- Website: http://www.cvlas.org
Founded in 1974, CVLAS' mission is, and has always been, the zealous legal representation without charge to low income or elderly clients in civil cases and to help the low income and elderly client community through preventive community legal education. CVLAS is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Albemarle, Charlottesville City, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson
- Area of law: Community Development, Consumer, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Housing
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Native Americans, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Signers for the deaf: ASL, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.