Catholic Charities Hogar Immigrant Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
6301 Little River Turnpike, Suite 300Alexandria , VA 22312
- Phone: 571-208-1572
- Fax: 571-229-9443
- Website: http://www.hogarimmigrantservices.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1981, Hogar Immigrant Services responds to the Catholic Church's call for social justice by welcoming the stranger to this country, regardless of ethnicity, religion, nationality, or ability to pay.
Our goal is for immigrants to achieve self-sufficiency and participate fully in the greater community. We achieve this goal by offering a combination of legal consultation & representation; English-language instruction & other adult education programs; and naturalization assistance.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Virginia
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Communities of Color, Elderly, General Public, Immigrants, Low Income, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Need for non-English services: Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Iraqi, Kirundi, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tigrinya
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends, Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Case Load Requirements: Flexible
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client intake and screening
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.