Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (TLPJ)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Vince Moccio(612) 349-8754
800 La Salle Av., #2800Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Phone: (612) 349-8754
- Fax: (612) 339-4181
TLPJ provides opportunities for lawyers to volunteer in an informal request and referral program that serves clients statewide. Attorneys are needed occasionally to work on cases involving individual rights issues, such as discrimination, civil rights, prisoners rights, constitutional rights, and police brutality. TLPJ also handles major environmental and toxic pollution, consumer safety, and employee protection litigation. The TLPJ Foundation educates the public about the above issues and maintains an information clearinghouse on airbag, lead paint, and chlordane/heptachlor litigation. Attorney volunteers need not be licensed to practice law in Minnesota. Possibilities for law students include research or other projects depending on the student's ability. Attorneys willing to work with clients who speak a variety of languages other than English are needed.
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Criminal Appeals, Employment, Housing, Prisoners, Environment
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.