Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
Cari H. King
54 Ellis Street NEAtlanta, GA 30303
- Phone: 404-524-5811
- Website: https://www.legalaidprobono.org
Atlanta Legal Aid Society helps low-income people meet basic needs through free civil legal services.
Our mission is "to deliver legal services and legal education designed to improve the social, political, and economic conditions of low-income persons; to serve as a catalyst for social change to benefit low-income persons; to prepare and furnish information to low-income persons about their rights so as to provide full benefit, enjoyment, and protection of their legal, economic, and social rights."
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Clayton, Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton, Gwinnett
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No