Court Assistance Project (CAP)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Please fill out our form online at this link: http://bit.ly/13F8ryZ
500 South DenverTulsa, OK 74103
- Phone: 918-295-9422
- Website: http://www.legalaidok.org
Court Assistance Project (CAP) is a partnership with Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, the Tulsa County Courts and local law firms and volunteer lawyers to provide representation for parties in Forcible Entry and Detainer actions in Tulsa County.
The goal of each case is to negotiate a good outcome for the low-income client to avoid losing housing or access to low-income housing.
This docket meets Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30 p.m.
You can volunteer each week, each month or every so often.
Training and mentoring is provided. No need to be an expert in landlord-tenant law!
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Tulsa
- Area of law: Housing
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma provides annual free CLE opportunities for volunteers!
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No