Criminal Records Expungement Project - A Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Signature Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
928 Penn AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15222
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 412-255-6700 or 866-761-6572 (toll-free)
- Fax: 412-355-0168
- Website: http://www.pittsburghprobono.org/Criminal_Records_Expungement_Project.asp
- Email: email@example.com
The Criminal Records Expungement Project represents individuals seeking to improve opportunities for gainful employment by expunging criminal arrest records, summary conviction records, and juvenile records through petition to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
This is a Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Signature Project administered by Meyer, Unkovic & Scott and Tucker Arensberg, with clients referred by Neighborhood Legal Services Association.
Neighborhood Legal Services Association
928 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-3757
Interested attorneys should contact Barbara Griffin, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Allegheny
- Area of law: Criminal Records Expungement
- Populations Served: Individuals with criminal histories
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Annual CLE; training manual available from NLSA; mentoring
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Case Load Requirements: Two to three hours (review paperwork, talk to client, draft and file petitions). Attorneys can volunteer to take referrals when attorney has time available.
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No