City University of New York (CUNY) Citizenship Now!
To Volunteer, Contact:
101 West 31st StreetSuite 900New York, NY 10003
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 646-344-7339
- Website: http://www.cuny.edu/citizenship
CUNY Citizenship Now! provides free, high quality, and confidential immigration law services to help individuals and families on their path to U.S. citizenship. Our attorneys and paralegals offer one-on-one consultations to assess participants' eligibility for legal benefits and assist them in applying when qualified. We also coordinate community, educational, and volunteer initiatives to help expand opportunities for New York City's immigrant population.
Our volunteers primarily assist at citizenship application assistance events, held throughout New York City on Saturdays. At these events, volunteers work one-on-one with applicants, helping them complete the N-400 Application for Naturalization.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: All NYC
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Immigrants
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Cantonese Chinese, French, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Project Types: Naturalization Group Processing Workshops
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No