Blue Mountain Action Council Volunteer Attorney Program - QLSP
To Volunteer, Contact:
1520 Kelly PlaceWalla Walla, WA 99362
- Phone: 509-529-4980
- Fax: 509-529-4985
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Mountain Council's (BMAC) Pro Bono Program provides free legal services to individuals at/below 125% FPG who reside in Walla Walla and Columbia Counties in family law, consumer law, immigration, and housing law. To access services, the individual must first call the CLEAR hotline for referral to the program.
You can call CLEAR Monday-Friday from 9:15 am to 12:15 pm, at 1-888-201-1014. Deaf and hard of hearing or speech impaired callers can call CLEAR or 211 (or toll-free 1-877-211-9274) using the relay service of their choice. (CLEAR will conference in interpreters when needed at no cost to callers.)
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Columbia, Walla Walla
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Housing
- Populations Served: Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, General Public, Immigrants, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Native Americans, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Russian, Spanish, Loatian
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Malpractice is available depending the case. Available training is on a volunteer-by-volunteer basis. CLE credit is available through the use of WSBA approved CLE's that are available on DVD through the program.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: The program has available DVD's that can provide the 2 hours of training required for CLE credit for pro bono work.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.