Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Legal Aid- QLSP
To Volunteer, Contact:
1338 Commerce Ave, Suite C (basement)Longview, WA 98632
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (360) 425-2579
- Fax: 1-888-234-4665
- Website: https://cwlap.org/
- Email: email@example.com
This program provides advice, brief services and potential full representation for clients whose income is at 125% to 200% of poverty level. Clients are referred to the program for attorney advice and services through Northwest Justice Project's CLEAR hotline.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Cowlitz, Wahkiakum
- Area of law: Consumer, Disability, Elder Law, Foreclosure, Housing, Wills, guardianship, employment, predatory lending, SSI, tort defense, licensing. We do not provide services for Juvenile, Public Benefits, Bankruptcy, Taxes or Licensing except only when needing a driver's license to get to work.
- Populations Served: Low Income, Working poor and unemployed, Anyone who qualifies in Cowlitz or Wahkiakum within our case criteria
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: The program generally presents one CLE per year, providing volunteers with the 2 hours of CLE credit required to access the additional 4 credits/year for doing pro bono work (pursuant to CLE regulations). Additional CLE programs may be provided as well. All are free to volunteers.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: See above.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No