Kentucky Volunteer Lawyer Program
To Volunteer, Contact:
Jacqueline S Duncan859 255-9913
535 W Second St.Suite 101Lexington, KY 40508-1284
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 859 255-9913
- Fax: 859 231 5356
- Website: http://www.kyvlp.org
- Email: email@example.com
The Kentucky VLP seeks to increase and strengthen pro bono programs in Kentucky's four (4) civil legal aid programs throught the development of a statewide campaign and recruitment program, implementation of strategies to increase legal services to the poor, CLE trainings and opportunities, and recognition programs.
"Malpractice insurance is offered for volunteer lawyers " states "no" but that is incorrect to some extent. The 4 local pro bono programs for Kentucky, which manage referrals for our organization, provide malpractice coverage but not all programs provide primary. Some of the programs provide secondary coverage.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Kentucky
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, HIV/AIDS, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Trainings are periodically provided by the Access to Justice Foundation on poverty law and related topics.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No