Samaritan Center Legal Care
To Volunteer, Contact:
1310 E. McCarty St.Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 573-364-7776
- Website: http://www.midmosamaritan.org/legalcare
- Email: email@example.com
The Legal Care program serves low-income persons in Mid-Missouri who need assistance with access to justice and resolution of legal problems. All applicants are screened for financial need and legal area of need. As appropriate applicants are provided pro se assistance or referred to volunteer pro bono attorneys. All legal areas are included except criminal and traffic matters.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Boone, Callaway, Cole, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Osage
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans, all areas except criminal and traffic matters
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, Immigrants, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: We offer free CLE programs. About 10 per year
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- CLE pro bono comments: Mo. Bar has not yet approved.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.