Legal Services of Northwest Jersey
To Volunteer, Contact:
Theresa Anne Henninger973-383-7400, ext. 5317
34 West Main StreetSuite 301Somerville , NJ 08876
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 973-383-7400
- Fax: 908-383-3469
- Website: http://www.lsnj.org/lsnwj/
- Email: email@example.com
LSNWJ provides free civil legal services to low-income residents of Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Sussex and Warren counties. Our goal is to assist our low-income community in securing equal justice and in meeting essential basic needs.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Sussex, Warren
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Public Benefits, Veterans, Utilities, VAWA
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Approved for waiver of court filing fees.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Other Project Types: Participating in clinics, Training
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.