Essex-Newark Legal Services
5 Commerce Street2nd FloorNewark, NJ 07079
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 973-624-4500
- Fax: 973-624-8745
ENLS Private Attorney Involvement (PAI) Volunteer Program provides an opportunity for attorneys in the community to serve our low-income population and supplement our limited staff resources. Often, volunteer attorneys serve clients who would otherwise be turned away, providing representation in areas outside our expertise. Volunteer attorneys have recently taken cases in the areas of Special Civil Part affirmative litigation, divorce and family law, domestic violence, access to education, parental representation in child welfare proceedings, bankruptcy, wills and probate, social security appeals, guardianship, housing and related issues, consumer fraud and consumer defense.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Essex
- Area of law: Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Public Benefits, Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Other Project Types: Training
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.