- To Volunteer, Contact:
P.O. Box 199Durham, NC 27702
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 919-794-7511
- Website: http://www.justicemattersnc.org
- Email: email@example.com
JusticeMatters provides empowering legal services to their vulnerable and marginalized neighbors in North Carolina, specializing in trauma-informed immigration and family law services that protect kids and help survivors of human trafficking and other traumas rebuild their lives.
JusticeMatters was established in 2009 to mobilize legal professionals to invest their skills and resources in our community for the common good. Today, JusticeMatters provides direct legal services in humanitarian immigration law, family law, and other civil matters through a team of staff and volunteer attorneys. They also provide community education, professional training, and policy consulting on issues affecting clients.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Durham, Orange, Wake
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Immigration & Naturalization, Other civil matters
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Human Trafficking Survivors, Immigrant youth and unaccompanied minors, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.