Indigent Birthparent Attorney Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Elizabeth Parker Gaetani
400 Koppers Building436 Seventh AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15219
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 412-402-6677
- Website: http://www.pittsburghprobono.org/Indigent_Birthparent_Attorney_Project.asp
Program of the Pro Bono Project of the ACBA that represents indigent birthparents in termination of parental rights proceedings in Orphans Court.
Attorneys with CYF and adoption experience, preferred.
Interested attorneys should contact Elizabeth Parker Gaetani, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Allegheny
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Termination of parental rights proceedings
- Populations Served: Indigent birthparents
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No