- Family Offense Petition Program Training, Webinar, Sep 20
- Representing the Pro Bono Client: Advocacy Skills for Administrative Hearings 2021, New York, Sep 22
- Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2021: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices, New York, Sep 23
- Housing Law for Low-Income Communities in New York City 2021, New York, Sep 24
- Extreme Risk Protection Orders: What they are & why you should know about them, Webinar, Sep 29
- View more
Judge Dismisses Landlord Challenges to New York Rent Reforms, Sep 16
The Legal Aid Society applauded White Plains Federal Court Judge Kenneth Karas for dismissing two landlord lawsuits challenging New York State’s comprehensive rent reform laws which were enacted in 2019, as reported by the New York Daily News. See l ...
Eviction Crisis Prompts Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Call to Action to Legal Community, Sep 15
". . . As federal and local eviction moratoriums expire around the country, eviction filings are expected to spike to roughly double their pre-pandemic levels. According to a recent Census Bureau survey, over six million American households report that th ...
The Post-Pandemic Future of NYC Through the Eyes of Low-Income New Yorkers, Sep 13
Eighteen months since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, New York City is slowly rebounding from the economic devastation. While the city’s current unemployment rate of 10.5 percent is down from the May 2020 peak of 20 percent, it’s still twice the ...
- View more