With funding from the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) Technology Initiative Grants (TIG) program, Ohio State Legal Services Association (OSLSA) and Pro Bono Net (PBN) offer in-person and remote trainings on creating online forms for the LawHelp Interactive community. These are free to participating legal aid programs and their eligible partners.
For the beginner training, emphasis is on HotDocs template development and A2J Guided Interview development is also covered. The beginner track training faculty are from Capstone Practice Systems as well as of the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction. The beginner training will also cover some project planning guidance and an overview of recently added LHI functionality to support innovative uses of LHI by pro bono attorneys, legal services advocates and in remote services.
Registration and Logistics
Registration is closed. For those still interested in attending the beginner track, please email email@example.com.
Again, these trainings are free, when offered, to legal aid organizations and their eligible partners. Participants are responsible for their hotel and travel costs when applicable. They also need to bring in their own laptop ready with all the required software (see Technical Requirements below).
Syllabus/Agendas for Trainees
The fall 2016 online course syllabus is available here. Please note the syllabus is subject to change.
Download HotDocs Developer 11 and register for A2J Author 5.0 for the training. You will need a laptop with A2J Author and HotDocs programs on it for the training. In addition, if you use a mouse when using your computer or laptop, please use one for the training.
Homework to be Completed before the Training
- Install HotDocs Developer 11: if your program needs to purchase a HotDocs Developer license from the HotDocs Corporation, please read this before purchasing a license.
- Go through HotDocs Developer Tutorial Chapter 1, lessons 1 – 4.
- Register for the LHI Listservs and the LHI Resource Center (also known as "DAsupport")
- Register as a Template Provider (Choose account type "Template Provider." Enter and submit the appropriate information. You will receive an e-mail when you have been approved).
- Download a copy of the Montana Petition for Divorce from here (This is a document we will automate as a group during the training).
- Download a copy of New York Consumer Debt Answer Form from here (This is a second document we will automate during the training).
- Register for A2J Author 5.0 by visiting www.a2jauthor.org and signing up (You'll get an email with further instructions once you have been authenticated).
Last updated 12/8/2016