15th Annual AILA New York Chapter Symposium
Monday December 03
- By: AILA New York Chapter
- CLE Credit
New York Marriott Marquis Hotel1535 BroadwayNew York, NY
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Did you ever feel like you walking a tightrope when representing clients in immigration matters? Or constantly jumping through hoops due to ever changing rules, applications, locations and standards? Perhaps you often find the immigration process much like taming an unruly system, or dealing with the illusion of relief. Well, if any of these circumstances apply to you and your practice, STEP RIGHT UP to the 15th Annual AILA New York Chapter Immigration Law Symposium! Several of the mysteries of practice before USCIS, EOIR and other government agencies will be solved by top experts in the field. This one-day symposium offers a morning session featuring an update on legislation relevant to the practice of immigration law, a local government roundtable, and a panel with four expert attorneys discussing ethical issues. The afternoon session has two tracks: business and removal/family. Immigration experts will discuss issues as nuanced as PERM, various Nonimmigrant Visa challenges in business immigration, and entrepreneur visas. On the removal/family track, panels will be available regarding immediate family processing for permanent resident status, particular social group in asylum cases, and the new Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program announced by DHS and President Obama in June 2012. Attendees may move between the afternoon tracks, gleaning useful immigration expertise from both business and removal/family experts. All attendees will receive an electronic version of the 2012 AILA New York Chapter Symposium Handbook.
- AILA Member/International Associates: $495 until November 15th; $555 after November 15th
- AILA Member's Paralegal: $495 until November 15th; $555 after November 15th
- AILA Nonprofit Members: $345 until November 15th; $405 after November 15th
- AILA Law Student Members: $295 until November 15th; $355 after November 15th
- Nonmember Attorneys: $695 until November 15th, $755 after November 15th
- Nonprofit Nonmembers: $495 until November 15th; $555 after November 15th
- Nonmember Law Students: $395 until November 15th; $455 after November 15th
- Other Nonmembers: $695 until November 15th, $755 after November 15th
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the conference.