Welcome to probono.net/ny!
This site contains helpful resources for probono & legal services attorneys, law professionals, and law students to assist in your representation of low income or disadvantaged clients. Please join one of the substantive practice areas or the more general NYC Pro Bono Center.
Volunteer for Immigrants Rights in NYC
The New York City Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA) is looking for volunteers to help on Sunday, April 12, 2015, for a city-wide immigration legal screening event and day of action.
Attorney Emeritus Program (Senior Attorney Opportunities)
The Attorney Emeritus Program (AEP) provides an exciting new avenue for experienced lawyers to use their expertise on behalf of New Yorkers in need. Attorneys in good standing who are 55 years of age or older and have practiced for at least 10 years will be able to apply for a new registration status - Attorney Emeritus. Retired attorneys who enroll in the Attorney Emeritus Program are exempt from the $375 registration fee and CLE requirements. All who register as an Attorney Emeritus will be required to perform at least 60 hours of pro bono service over the 2-year registration period.
Scroll through our new Attorney Emeritus Program pages for more information about the AEP and to learn how to get involved.
Join a Practice Area
Practice areas contain resources for legal professionals and law students. Join one of the New York or National practice areas listed on the left to gain access to a variety of resources specific to that area, including news, events, sample pleadings, training webcasts, available cases, and more. Membership in each practice area is separate.
If you're interested in consumer issues, we highly encourage you to visit out newest practice area, the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project.
On the Calendar you can find CLE trainings and other public interest legal events. New events are always right around the corner!
Send us an email to receive an overview of the month's upcoming trainings right in your inbox at the beginning of each month.
Whether you are a Trusts & Estates lawyer in Greene County... a law student in Albany looking to help victims of domestic violence... or a litigator in Manhattan looking to help a community organization... we have an easy-to-use online guide will help you find the right opportunity.
Interested in pro bono opportunities in the New York City area?
Join the NYC Pro Bono Center to find local opportunities, online video trainings, and helpful resources.
Read the News to keep up on the latest pro bono and legal aid news.
Sandy Legal Aid
A collection of resources to help advocates working on Superstorm Sandy related issues.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, click the Help link on any page, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already a member?
And forgot your password? Click here and have it emailed to you.
About this site
probono.net/ny is powered by Pro Bono Net and hosted by over 20 of the leading pro bono and legal aid organizations in New York. Launched in 1999, probono.net/ny now has over 10,000 members and growing. Choose a practice area and join this community of lawyers serving the public good today!
Ropes & Gray attorney Meaghan Korson provided 1,250 hours of volunteer work to the victims of domestic abuse in all areas of law and all segments of the community." Learn more
- How to Obtain BIA Recognition for Your Agency and Become an Accredited Representative, Mar 31
- Social Media for Non-Profit and Public Interest Organizations 2015 (Webcast), Mar 31
- First Steps Training, Part 3: Integration, Interpersonal Connections, Community Support, Apr 1
- Volunteer for Immigrants Rights in NYC, Apr 12
- Legal Aid Society | Enforcing Federal Wage Claims for Low-Income Workers Webinar, Apr 14
- View more
- City Bar Justice Center Project Improves the Lives of Homeless Families In Shelters., Mar 10
- Misclassified Workers Settle Class Action Lawsuit Recovering $540,000, Mar 7
- The Legal Aid Society’s Criminal Appeals Bureau Launches Appellate Term Project, Mar 7
- City Bar Justice Center Honors Holland & Knight Associate Tiana Stephens for her Exceptional Work Assisting the Homeless, Mar 7
- State Bar Delegates Allow More Time for Pro Bono Accord, Jun 24
- View more