The Legal Aid Society's 2011-2012 CLE Pro Bono Training Program: Not-for-Profit Incorporation
Wednesday November 30
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP919 Third AvenueNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Acquire expertise in incorporating not-for-profit entities and securing their federal tax-exempt status. The faculty will cover basic due diligence by attorneys to learn about an organization prior to drafting any documents, preparation of the not-for-profit charter and bylaws, and application to the IRS for tax exempt recognition.
Faculty Chairs: Seth L. Rosen, Esq., Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; Rhea F. Gordon, Esq., Rutgers University Office of Senior Vice President and General Counsel; David A. Stein, Esq., Withers Bergman LLP; Jonathan A. Small, Esq., Non-Profit Coordinating Committee of New York; Stephen Falla Riff, Esq., Civil Practice
CLE Credit: 2 credits total: .5 hour of professional practice/practice management, .5 hour skills, and 1 hour ethics. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits total: .5 hour of professional practice/practice management, .5 hour skills, and 1 hour ethics. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Attachment(s): Not-for-Profit Incorporation Training (LAS).PDF