New Attorney Orientation
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (Auditorium)
Getting Started With VLA: New Volunteer Attorney Orientation.
To volunteer at our clinics or take a case from our case list, VLA requires that attorneys attend a short orientation. At the orientation, important information about VLA's programs, requirements for volunteers and our administrative procedures will be covered.
Please note the following requirements for all attorneys performing volunteer work through VLA:
• All volunteers must submit a current resume, including 3 references, that VLA will check.
• All volunteer attorneys MUST be covered by their own or their employer's legal malpractice insurance policy for volunteer work performed through VLA.
• Attorneys who have have been admitted to practice for less than 3 years must have a supervising attorney who has been admitted to practice for longer than 3 years. Volunteers are responsible for securing their own supervising attorney.
For additional information or if you are at a law firm and are interested in having VLA make a presentation to your attorneys about our volunteer opportunities please contact VLA Staff at 212.319.2787 ext. 11, or at email@example.com
Kristine HsuVolunteer Lawyers for the Arts212-319-2787 ext. 11
- Website: www.vlany.org