Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2018: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices (Free Webcast)
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
- Attorneys / Legal Services
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from New York entitled Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2018: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices on September 26, 2018 from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm.
Attorneys and other advocates who represent children in immigration matters will learn about recent developments in law and policy with regard to important protections available to immigrant children, including Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) and asylum. Experienced faculty will examine problem-solving strategies for addressing common issues that arise in children’s cases.
What You Will Learn
- Important factors in establishing eligibility for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)
- Elements for building a successful asylum case on behalf of a child
- Current administration policies that impact clients and their families
Who Should Attend
This program will offer more advanced strategies for anyone currently representing immigrant children, as well as provide a foundation for those newer to the practice area.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 3.50
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI
- Website: pli.edu