Please see below the full list of interactive interviews to assist you in creating forms related to domestic violence.

The Domestic Violence Division handles requests for Civil Protection Orders as well as cases alleging violations of protection orders and all misdemeanor criminal cases involving an 'intrafamily offense.' A Civil Protection Order may be requested by individuals alleging that a family member, romantic/dating partner, person with whom they have a child in common, share a common current or former partner, or currently or previously shared a residence committed or threatened to commit a crime against them.

The Domestic Violence Division also adjudicates cases where individuals allege they are a victim of stalking, sexual assault, or sexual abuse. People should request a Civil Protection Order if they want the person who committed a crime against them to stay away, not assault, threaten, harass or stalk them. After a Civil Protection Order is issued, people can also file motions for contempt if the Respondent violates the Order. When appropriate, judges in the Domestic Violence Division also adjudicate related divorce, custody, visitation, paternity and support cases involving the same parties, as well as certain related civil actions.

The Domestic Violence Intake Centers are located at the:

  • Moultrie Courthouse - 500 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room 4550, Washington, DC 20001
  • United Medical Center at 1328 Southern Avenue, SE, Suite 311, Washington, DC 20032.

Please click here for more information about the Domestic Violence Intake Centers.

Petition for Civil Protection Order  

Answer to Civil Protection Order  

Motion to Reinstate  

Request for Continuance  

Motion to Modify, Extend or Vacate  

Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment