Disaster Legal Aid 2018 Roundtable Series | Disability Rights
- 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Pro Bono Net, Lone Star Legal Aid
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
Pro Bono Net, Lone Star Legal Aid, and the Legal Services Corporation launched a national roundtable series this year to discuss topics of cross-cutting interest to disaster legal aid practitioners across regions. This month's roundtable will highlight the challenges associated with legal issues that people with disabilities face during disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Marcie Roth, CEO | Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies
- Sydney Pickern, Staff Attorney | Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF)
- Richelle Brown, Community Organizer and Disability Activist | Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies
- Tafaimamao Tua-Tupuola, Director | University Center for Excellence on Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), American Samoa Community College
- Stephanie Duke, Equal Justice Works Disaster Recovery Legal Fellow | Disability Rights Texas
All advocates and volunteers from nonprofit legal aid organizations, bar associations, pro bono counsel from law firms and corporations, law school students and faculty, and allied nonprofits working on disaster legal aid are welcome to attend.
For additional details about the disaster legal aid roundtables, please visit https://www.disasterlegalaid.org/advocates/roundtables/.