Disaster Legal Aid 2018 Roundtable Series | The Disaster Never Seems to End: Insurance Issues Post-Disaster
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Pro Bono Net, Lone Star Legal Aid, Legal Services Corporation
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
- Planning Session
What should we know about insurance coverage issues as storms develop and strengthen in the Atlantic and Pacific? Hurricanes Harvey, María, and Irma are officially 3 of the 5 costliest storms on record in the United States. With recent wildfires in California, severe storms and floods in Texas, a volcano eruption and earthquakes in Hawai’i, what can we learn from experts across regions? How can legal aid programs and pro bono attorneys prepare for some of the most common issues around insurance? Join us for a roundtable discussion with experts from Texas, Florida, North Carolina, California, Iowa, and Nebraska. This roundtable is hosted by Lone Star Legal Aid, Pro Bono Net, and the Legal Services Corporation as part of the 2018 Disaster Legal Aid Roundtable Series.
• Karen, Three Rivers Legal Services
• Martin Mayo, Martin L. Mayo & Associates, P.C.
• Lesley Albritton, Legal Aid of NC
• Lisa Gavin, Iowa Legal Aid
• Amy Bach, United Policyholders
• Shirley Peng, Disaster Relief Project
If you have any questions you’d like to ask our roundtable participants or would like to submit your own tips, please send them to email@example.com on or before Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
This roundtable will be recorded. Recording and materials will be sent to all registrants, regardless of attendance. They will also be posted on DisasterLegalAid.org/Advocates/.
For previous roundtables, please visit https://www.disasterlegalaid.org/advocates/roundtables/.
- Website: www.disasterlegalaid.org