Asylum Based on Gender Violence in Central America
Wednesday November 20
- By: Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights131 Steuart StreetSuite 400San Francisco, CAMap: maps.google.com
Silvia ContrerasLawyers' Committee for Civil Rights
- Website: www.lccr.com
A problem-solving workshop for advocates representing women fleeing domestic and family violence in societies that allow partners or family members to abuse women with impunity. Focus on Honduras, relevance throughout the region.
Presentation and moderated discussion of issues you've encountered in your asylum case, by three attorneys who have dedicated their legal skills and their human solidarity to representing women fleeing abuse in their homeland:
- Hilary Mattis, Latham & Watkins - pro bono attorney in Lawyers Committee Asylum Program
- Cecily Clements, attorney in practice of immigration - Asylum pro bono Mentor Attorney panel
- Lisa Frydman, Associate Director, Center for Gender & Refugee Studies - Gender asylum resources; co-mentor for gender asylum cases
Please RSVP to Silvia Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1 MCLE credit hour from the State Bar of California