Information on Volunteering with the Eviction Defense Project
The Eviction Defense Project puts clients who are at risk of eviction in touch with both volunteer attorneys and social services professionals who work to retain the client's housing.
Who Can Volunteer?
* Attorneys licensed to practice in CA
* Willingness to work with our client population
* Willingness to represent 2 clients within ayear after training
What do volunteer attorneysdo?
Eviction Defense volunteer attorneys will learn about landlord/tenant law in order to help their client prevent unnecessary and illegal evictions. Some clients have strong defenses and, with legal representation, will be able to keep their housing. Others don't have a great defense, but are very much in need of help in negotiating a settlement.
Start volunteering in two steps:
* Attend a free MCLE accredited training (see calendar).
* Choose an available case. Join probono.net/sf and see some of the cases available now.
Volunteer attorneys, please call VLSP'sVolunteer Coordinator at 415.782.9000 x 8759 or email@example.com
social services volunteers
If you are a social worker, LCSW, MFT, licensed psychologist or therapist, substance abuse counselor, MSW or MSW intern with supervision, volunteer opportunities are waiting for you.You can be instrumental in providing much needed social services to homeless, poor or low-income San Francisco families and individuals.
We have the following volunteer opportunities available:
* Social Services Advocate
* Social Services Intake Worker
* Housing Advocate
Volunteer social services professionals, please call VLSP'sVolunteerCoordinator at 415.782.9000 x8759 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interpreters are a necessary part of ensuring equal justice. You don't have to be a court-certified interpreter to help a non-English speaking VLSP client. Interpreters eitherprovide attorney-client interpretation or translate documents.
Volunteer interpreters requirements:
* Attend 2.5-hour VLSPtraining, offered quarterly
* Must be over 18-years-old
* Must have a flexible daytime schedule
* Must be bilingual in English&
- Russian occasionally needed