Western Center on Law and Poverty *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Richard (Dick) Rothschild(213) 487-7211, ext. 24
3701 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 208Los Angeles, CA 90010-2809
- Phone: (213) 487-7211
- Fax: (213) 487-0242
- Website: http://www.wclp.org
Western Center fights for justice and system-wide change to secure housing, healthcare and a strong safety net for low-income Californians.
The Center offers support in several areas, including: as co-counsel for broad impact cases, technical assistance to other advocates, coordinating statewide task forces for health/welfare and housing, training, preparing educational materials and legislative and administrative advocacy. Please contact Dick Rothschild, Director of Litigation. Note: WCLP's pro bono opportunities are intermittent and usually for co-counseling on large cases.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Health, Housing, Public Benefits, Welfare, Health Care, Housing. Please contact the program directly.
- Populations Served: Low Income, Working poor and unemployed, all counties served
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No