Oklahoma LawHelp Website (www.oklaw.org)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Margaret Hamlett Shinn918-295-9439
907 South Detroit AvenueSuite 725Tulsa, OK 74120
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 918-295-9439 or 800-299-3338
- Fax: 918-895-6139
- Website: http://www.oklaw.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma LawHelp (www.oklaw.org) is a free legal information website initiated and managed by Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc. and supported by a group of stakeholders across the state.
The web site also maintains a listing of free and low-cost legal services, court information and other resources for assistance.
This web site depends on volunteers to develop content in each of the following areas of law: • Family Law • Consumer Law • Housing Law • Public Benefits Law • Elder Law • Disability Law • Individual and Civil Rights • Migrant/Farmworker Issues • Native American Law • Life Planning • End of Life Issues • Employment Law • The Legal System
If you are interested in providing or reviewing content, providing information on legal or other services in your area, please contact Margaret Hamlett Shinn at 918-295-9439 or 800-299-3338.
Funding and support for Oklahoma LawHelp is provided by the Legal Services Corporation, Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Bar Association and many other partners, including the 2-1-1 systems.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Oklahoma
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Korean, Russian, Spanish, Taiwanese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Every year Legal Aid provides free CLE training (approved for MCLE Credit by the Oklahoma Bar Association) for our volunteer lawyers.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Community/media outreach, Legal Research, Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No