Appeals Self-Help Clinic - Minnesota State Law Library
To Volunteer, Contact:
Minnesota State Law Library25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.St. Paul, MN 55155
- Phone: 651-297-7651
- Website: https://mn.gov/law-library/
Appeals Self-Help Clinic - This is a brief advice clinic for people who are representing themselves in appeals to the Minnesota Court of Appeals or Minnesota Supreme Court. This clinic is a joint initiative of the Appellate Practice Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Minnesota State Law Library. Clinic attorneys are volunteers and are not endorsed or approved by the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
This free brief advice clinic is held once per month on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Currently, this clinic is a telephone clinic only. The phone clinic involves a 30-minute consultation with an attorney over the phone.
Clients must have a case that is appealable to the Minnesota Court of Appeals or Minnesota Supreme Court to attend the clinic.
For more information visit: https://mn.gov/law-library/services/clinics/appealsclinic.jsp.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Minnesota
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Hotline staffing
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No