Legal Aid Society of Orange County & Community Legal Services *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Karen Harris(714) 571-5230
2101 N. Tustin Ave.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (714) 571-5200
- Fax: (714) 571-5270
- Website: http://www.legal-aid.com
The mission of Legal Aid Society of Orange County and Community Legal Services in southeast Los Angeles County is to provide civil legal services to low-income individuals and to promote equal access to the justice system through advocacy, legal counseling, innovative self-help services, in-depth legal representation, economic development and community education.
LASOC provides a full range of legal services, from advice, counsel and brief service to full representation in court, as well as in-depth litigation when necessary. Pro Bono Opportunities: Please contact the program.
Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and 9 a.m to 1 p.m. on the third Saturday of the month.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Los Angeles, Orange
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Homeless, Housing, Public Benefits, Taxes
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, 9 a.m to 1 p.m. on the third Saturday of the month.
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No