Justice & Accountability Center of Louisiana
To Volunteer, Contact:
4035 Washington AvenueSuite 203New Orleans , LA 70125
- Phone: 504-322-4050
The Justice and Accountability Center tackles deficiencies in the post-conviction phase of the criminal legal system through policy advocacy, public education, and legal representation.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Louisiana
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Homeless, Housing, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Taxes, Expungement
- Populations Served: Individuals with criminal histories
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Malpractice insurance is only covered when the volunteer's regular coverage does not provide the service.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Legislative or policy advocacy, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.