ABA Federal Free Legal Answers - Veteran and Immigration Issues
To Volunteer, Contact:
Join by Going to the Website
Online WebsiteStatewide, PA Statewide
- Phone: (202) 662-1000
ABA Free Legal Answers is a virtual legal advice portal for users to pose legal questions online to volunteer attorneys. In collaboration with the ABA Military & Veterans Legal Center and ABA Free Legal Answers, attorneys can volunteer to answer questions from veterans and qualified individuals.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can participate in ABA Free Legal Answers to help veterans, contact the ABA Free Legal Answers Federal Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for veterans issues.
To participate in Free Legal Answers for general civil legal issues in Pennsylvania view Pennsylvania (PBA) Free Legal Answers.
ABA Free Legal Answers (Federal: Immigration and Veterans)
ABA Free Legal Answers is a virtual legal advice clinic in a number of states for state-specific civil legal issues. Qualified users may post legal questions, and authorized volunteer attorneys may provide legal advice. ABA Free Legal Answers’ federal focuses on federal veteran and immigration legal issues.
- Veteran Federal Issues: Veterans—along with eligible dependents and survivors—who meet financial eligibility guidelines may submit questions about veterans’ issues involving discharge upgrades, VA disability and other VA benefits, and more. Volunteer attorneys who are licensed in good standing in their jurisdiction, and who are accredited with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, are eligible to volunteer on the site to view and answer veterans’ questions without any formal representation.
- Immigration: Immigrants or petitioning family members can submit question about deportation, asylum, green cards, work permits, DACA, children’s cases, employment-based immigration, citizenship, and other immigration issues. The ABA has partnered with American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”), whose members are automatically qualified to answer immigration questions on the site.
Find more information and sign up to get involved on https://abafederal.freelegalanswers.org. To help with other state-specific legal issues, visit the main ABA Free Legal Answers website, www.ABAFreeLegalAnswers.org.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Pennsylvania
- Area of law: Veterans
- Populations Served: Military/Veterans
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Project Types: Free Legal Answers - Email Consultation
- Other Long Distance Opportunities: Email Consultation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes