Shelter for Help in Emergency (SHE)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Amy Earehart Lovelace434-963-4676 x 1
PO Box 3013University StationCharlottesville, VA 22903-0013
- Phone: 434-963-4676
- Fax: 434-293-6624
- Website: http://www.shelterforhelpinemergency.org
- Email: email@example.com
The Shelter for Help in Emergency is a non-profit organization that has been providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and their families since 1979. The Shelter serves Fluvanna, Louisa, Greene, Nelson, and Albemarle Counties as well as the city of Charlottesville.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Albemarle, Charlottesville City
- Area of law: Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Attorneys interested in hosting monthly hour-long civil law informational sessions at our outreach office.
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Immigrants, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Native Americans, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed, Anyone who is a victim of Domestic Violence
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.