Refugee and Immigration Services - Catholic Diocese of Richmond - Hampton Office
To Volunteer, Contact:
1615 Kecoughtan RdHampton, VA 23661
- Map: www.mapquest.com
- Phone: 757-247-3600
- Fax: 757-247-1070
- Website: http://www.richmonddiocese.org/ris/index.htm
Refugee and Immigration Services resettles refugees and assists immigrants, empowering them to build new lives in a welcoming community. Refugees are housed, oriented, employed, taught English, assisted with health screenings and medical problems and school related issues. An immigrant community liaison works to connect new Hispanic immigrants with services and to help providers to better work with our changing population. Community services include: information and referral, immigration counseling, interpretation/ translation services and cross-cultural education.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Chesapeake City, Gloucester, Hampton City, Isle of Wight, James City, Newport News City, Norfolk City, Poquoson City, Portsmouth City, York
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization
- Populations Served: Low Income, Refugee Immigrants
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: French, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.