Community Tax Law Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Nancy Rossner(804) 358-5855 ext. 5
P.O. Box 11322Richmond, VA 23230
- Phone: (804) 358-5855
- Fax: (804) 353-6968
- Website: http://www.ctlp.org
- Email: email@example.com
The Community Tax Law Project (CTLP) is a 501(c)(3) Virginia corporation founded in 1992. CTLP provides free legal representation to low-income Virginia taxpayers in federal and state tax disputes, educates taxpayers about their tax rights and responsibilities, and advocates for issues that impact low-income taxpayers. CTLP accomplishes its mission through services provided by its in-house legal staff and the generous assistance of its volunteer panel of more than 100 attorneys and accountants. The clinic screens clients for financial eligibility and case merit; it then discusses the case with a volunteer from the client's geographic area prior to making the referral.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Accomack, Albemarle, Alexandria City, Alleghany, Amelia, Amherst, Appomattox, Arlington, Augusta, Bath, Bedford, Bedford City, Bland, Botetourt, Bristol, Brunswick, Buchanan, Buckingham, Buena Vista City, Campbell, Caroline, Carroll, Charles City, Charlotte, Charlottesville City, Chesapeake City, Chesterfield, Clarke, Clifton Forge City, Colonial Heights City, Covington City, Craig, Culpeper, Cumberland, Danville City, Dickenson, Dinwiddie, Emporia City, Essex, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Falls Church City, Fauquier, Floyd, Fluvanna, Franklin, Franklin City, Frederick, Fredericksburg City, Galax City, Giles, Gloucester, Goochland, Grayson, Greene, Greensville, Halifax, Hampton City, Hanover, Harrisonburg City, Henrico, Henry, Highland, Hopewell City, Isle of Wight, James City, King and Queen, King George, King William, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington City, Loudoun, Louisa, Lunenburg, Lynchburg City, Madison, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Martinsville City, Mathews, Mecklenburg, Middlesex, Montgomery, Nelson, New Kent, Newport News City, Norfolk City, Northampton, Northumberland, Norton City, Nottoway, Orange, Page, Patrick, Petersburg City, Pittsylvania, Poquoson City, Portsmouth City, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George, Prince William, Pulaski, Radford City, Rappahannock, Richmond, Richmond City, Roanoke, Roanoke City, Rockbridge, Rockingham, Russell, Salem, Scott, Shenandoah, Smyth, Southampton, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Staunton City, Suffolk City, Surry, Sussex, Tazewell, Virginia Beach City, Warren, Washington, Waynesboro City, Westmoreland, Williamsburg City, Winchester City, Wise, Wythe, York
- Area of law: Taxes, Tax Law, Corporate Counsel
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Only available for select trainings.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.