Southwest Virginia Legal Aid Society - Marion Office
To Volunteer, Contact:
Larry Harley(276) 783-7411 ext. 223
227 West Cherry StreetMarion, VA 24354
- Map: www.mapquest.com
- Phone: 276-783-8300
- Fax: 276-783-7411
- Website: http://www.svlas.org
Southwest Virginia Legal Aid Society (SVLAS) is a private, non-profit organization established to provide free, high-quality legal services to the low-income residents of seventeen counties and four cities in southwestern Virginia. SVLAS is funded by federal, state, and local sources and is the oldest rural Legal Aid program in Virginia. In addition to the practice areas that are listed, SVLAS may be able to offer other pro bono opportunities to meet the needs and interests of pro bono attorneys, paralegals, and law students.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Bland, Bristol, Carroll, Galax City, Grayson, Smyth, Washington, Wythe
- Area of law: Consumer, Family & Juvenile, Housing, Public Benefits, Adoption, Bankruptcy, Child Custody and Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Protective Orders, Guardian ad Litem, Paternity, SSI, Unemployment, Worker's Compensation, Wills, Deeds, Powers of Attorney, Advance Directives
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.