Mercy House Legal Check-up Pro Bono Program
To Volunteer, Contact:
P.O. Box 551204 North High StreetHarrisonburg, VA 22803
- Phone: 540-433-1830
- Fax: 540-433-2202
- Website: http://www.brls.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This program provides comprehensive legal check-ups to families who are learning self-sufficiency skills at the Mercy House shelter in Harrisonburg. An attorney from the team of pro bono attorneys meets with a new Mercy House family to review a checklist of potential legal issues that may need to be resolved in order for the family to be able to regain its self-sufficiency. As legal problems are identified, those issues can then be referred to other pro bono attorneys through BRLS' Pro Bono Referral Program.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Harrisonburg City, Rockingham
- Area of law: Consumer, Criminal Appeals, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Working poor and unemployed, Mercy House residents
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.