Roanoke Pro Bono Hotline, Blue Ridge Legal Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
132 Campbell Avenue, SWSuite 300Roanoke, VA 24011
- Phone: 540-344-2080
- Fax: 540-344-8085
- Website: http://www.brls.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Roanoke Pro Bono Hotline is sponsored by the Young Lawyers Division of the Virginia Bar Association and Blue Ridge Legal Services. Each Thursday, two hotline volunteers return telephone calls to Legal Aid clients and advise them on multiple legal issues, including domestic relations, child custody, landlord/tenant law, consumer law and more. A top priority of the Division and of the VBA, such hotlines now exist in four legal aid service areas with further expansion planned as rapidly as possible. In 1995, the Pro Bono Hotlines received the American Bar Association's Harrison Tweed Award, the highest national honor given to projects providing legal services for the poor. VBA Young Lawyers Divisions committee co-chairs are Benjamin Webb King, (540) 983-7586, email@example.com, and Kathleen L. Wright, (540) 983-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Bedford, Bedford City, Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, Roanoke, Roanoke City, Salem
- Area of law: Consumer, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Homeless, Housing, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Low Income, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Thursday afternoons
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.