Legal Services of Northern Virginia - Fairfax Office - Employment Clinic
To Volunteer, Contact:
4080 Chain Bridge RoadFairfax, VA 22030
- Map: www.mapquest.com
- Phone: 703-246-4500
- Fax: 703-273-6476
- Website: http://www.lsnv.org/probono.html
Attorneys are needed on alternate Thursday afternoons in LSNV's Fairfax office to meet with clients with employment problems. The volunteers are not committed to provide more than counsel or brief service, although representation-when warranted-is encouraged. Only the consultation is pro bono; if a merited fee-generating case is identified, the volunteers are encouraged to offer assistance if they choose to, on a compensated basis. Merited, non fee-generating cases are referred to staff, are co-counseled with staff or may be handled on a pro bono basis. Training is provided, and a staff attorney is on site to provide mentoring and to accept referrals for staff representation. This project is co-sponsored by the Fairfax Bar Pro Bono Program.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Fairfax, Fairfax City
- Area of law: Employment
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Korean, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Thursday afternoons
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.