Eastern Region Legal Intake (ERLI) of the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association
To Volunteer, Contact:
- Organization Type: Nonprofit Legal Services Provider
105 ChauncyBoston, MA 02111
- Phone: 617-603-1700
- Website: https://vlpnet.org
- Email: email@example.com
On October 1, 2016 VLP began operation of a Helpline to provide callers with information and referrals, screen clients for legal aid eligibility, and conduct intakes in legal aid priority cases. The service is called ERLI (Eastern Region Legal Intake).
Where appropriate, callers will be scheduled for 30 minute telephone legal advice sessions with experienced pro bono attorneys. Clients will be referred for advice only and will be told that full representation is not available for their cases. If you are an attorney with experience in family law, housing, employment, or probate, we need your expertise for our advice panels. Advice sessions can be scheduled at a time that's convenient for you.
We are also now offering the opportunity to apply online for legal assistance. Please visit HERE.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Massachusetts
- Area of law: Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans
- Populations Served: General Public, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Hotline staffing
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No